Now Hiring: Manager of Library Services
The Village of Glenwood Library Board seeks an energetic and creative person to become our Manager of Library Services.
The Library Manager reports to the Library Board and is accountable for planning, development, coordination and management of library services in accordance with policies relevant legislation.
Duties will include:
• Supervising, managing and leading staff in providing excellent customer service
• Developing and maintaining the library’s collection
• Measure and develop community driven services, programs and displays
• Ensure adherence to annual budget and assist the Board in its preparation
• Actively participate in the development of library policies, procedures, programs and services
• Advocates for the library by developing, promoting and maintaining relationships in the community
• Works with the treasurer to present financial statements to the board and takes care of monthly financial obligations of the library
• Compile statistics for and help prepare library’s annual report
• Minimum grade 12 or equivalency
• Experience in dealing with the public, including children and young adults. • Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Familiarity with computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Excellent human resources management skills and strong teamwork ethic.
Salary and Benefits: • The successful candidate can expect salary commensurate with education and experience. Please forward your resume, cover letter and 2 references to:
Debbie Otteson, Board Chairman
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Manager of Glenwood Library.
or Deliver or mail to:
The Village of Glenwood 59 Main Ave NW PO Box 1084 Glenwood, AB T0K 2R0 Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 28, 2020